Wednesday, May 14, 2014

LCHF Chronicles - Day 9

Only had 5.5 hours of sleep last night. That's not enough.

Feeling good throughout the day. Good energy (considering the sleep thing). Mind is fairly sharp. Fogginess is still there.

Eating a lot more vegetables. Still not eating breakfast because I am not hungry in the morning, and I am sick of eggs and bacon. Hunger sensation still not strong, but I am getting hungry more often. I eat smaller meals because I don't desire a lot of food - especially the same foods over and over again.

Considering adding some carbs back into the daily diet, or doing a Cyclical Ketosis Diet (CKD) where 2 days a week are used to refill glycogen levels. This makes sense to me since I felt great the first 2 days of the keto diet, but have been experiencing negative symptoms since day 3.

Evening workout was good and bad. Good - I was able to go through regular routine. Bad - My heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest after each set. Seriously, I'm going to have a heart attack on this high saturated fat diet.

Ketone levels are still high. When is this high energy, clarity of mind thing suppose to kick in again? I'm waiting...

No comments: