Saturday, May 24, 2014

LCHF Chronicles - Day 16

Ack! I didn't post something yesterday. This is a make up post for day 16.

At this point, I am prepared to wind down the daily logging of what is going on with my diet. I have done the full-on keto thing for 2 weeks, and have made some conclusions. Here they are:

1. From a weight loss perspective - keto diets work. They totally work. You can feel areas of your body slimming down almost day to day.
2. I think keto diets would suit severely overweight people very well. The negatives of the diet are small in comparison to the health risks associated with obesity.
3. It's very convenient to not feel hungry very often.
4. I do not like the following about keto diets
  1. Constipation
  2. Limited menu items
  3. Feeling of fogginess in your head
  4. Muscle fatigue and soreness tend to linger after workouts (poor recovery)
Because of the above, I've decided to stay on a modified keto diet. I'll shoot for <50g 3rd="" 4th="" a="" again="" am.="" carb="" carbs="" day.="" day="" every="" far="" for="" how="" i="" keto="" ketosis="" ll="" load="" monitor="" of="" off="" or="" p="" state="" stix="" the="" then="" to="" two="" use="">

Advice to those considering a keto diet:

1. If you want to lose weight, and do not want to modify your exercise - keto is for you.
2. I would use a keto diet for 2-4 weeks at a time and reassess. It does make you feel different.
3. For severely overweight people, losing half a pound a day is not unreasonable on this diet.
4. It's hard to maintain this diet if others in your household are not on it. I found myself cooking two meals at every mealtime.

No comments: