Friday, March 30, 2012

Chestnut Week 25

My pointy belly
 
We're very close to having a name.  Will discuss with grandparents and family first and then the name will be public. :)

Today, Chin & I celebrate the 12-year anniversary of our DTR'ing date (DTR = defining the relationship).  It has been a fantastic 12 years!

Technically, this is what's going on this week:
  • Chestnut is the size of a rutabaga - ~ 13.62 inches and 1.46 pounds.
  • Bones are becoming solid, hands are now fully developed. The structures of the spine begin to form - all 33 rings, 150 joints and 1000 ligaments.
  • The brain is growing rapidly, the brain cells are starting to mature.
  • Since the ear bones are hardening even more, baby's hearing is sharper. He is starting to recognize and remember parents' voices.
  • Baby's nostrils begin to open.
  • The sexual organs are fully developed.
  • The uterus is now about the size of a soccer ball and mom looks pregnant (or in my case, mom looks like she's pregnant with multiples!).
Physical:
  • Weight: 137 lb (+24)
  • Belly circumference: 38.25 in (+9.75)
  • I weighed myself at the clinic where I'm doing my rotation on Monday and I just about fell off the scale.  Seriously?!  I came home that day quite distraught and reported to Chin (in an almost weeping voice), "I can't believe I have gained this much weight.  My pre-pregnancy was 113 and now I'm freakin' 137 pounds!  So I have gained...what is that?  OMG, I can't even do math!!!"
  • I'm just hungry all...the...time. But now that I am more cognizant of my rapid weight gain, I am trying to cut down on carbs and increasing whole grains & fiber.
  • Little boy is kicking hard.  He is usually awake at night and kicks me whenever I try to take a nap or go down for the night.  I feel like Camille was more crazy with her kicks and was more active (although I have mentioned that this little boy is stronger).  When I mentioned this to my mother-in-law, she said, "Well, Bao, you are also older now."  I have no idea what that means.  Does that mean my senile uterus is less sensitive to kicks and rolls?  Or have I managed to produce an offspring from an older, weaker egg?  Hard to tell, really.
Spiritual & emotional:
  • First week back at school.  I'm very excited about this quarter!  I'll be doing my rotation at a diverse public health clinic, and two of my classes are about women's health.  It's going to be a good quarter.
  • Some things that pregnant women (myself included) don't like to hear:
    • "Do you think you might be a little too sensitive toward this issue?"  (Doesn't matter how you word-smith this question, it is wrong.)
    • "You're a lot less moody this week!" (Not a compliment.  Just makes me want to strangle you.)
    • "Are you sure you're not having twins?" (I want to stab you in the eyeball.)
  • You know that sense of tactfulness that one possesses and the self-restraint one has to refrain from saying things like, "Huh, ever wonder why you're single/broke/unemployed, moron?!" I'm starting to lose that.  Oh, of course there is the spiritual discourse of seasonality in singleness, poverty, and unemployment...but the perpetuity of it all and the striking correlation to idiocy does not escape me.  Some people are freakin' morons!
  • I'm a little saucy this week.
    Click here to see the comparison to my pregnancy with Camille (MacNut) at the same gestational age.

    No comments: