Friday, March 02, 2012

Chestnut Week 21


Technically, this is what's going on this week:
  • Chestnut is the length of a carrot - ~ 10.51 inches and 12.70 ounces.
  • He is now gaining weight steadily, with fat being added to the body.
  • Bone marrow has started making blood cells.
  • His small intestine is starting to absorb sugars (like the stuff from the maple bar Mommy just ate a few days ago *om nom nom nom*).
Physical:
  • Weight: 128 lb (+15)
  • Belly circumference: 36.25 in (+7.75) - I guess I haven't grown much this week.
  • Had a checkup with my midwife this week (I only tend to go every 6 weeks or so since I don't really think I need to).  Everything is going dandy.  Chestnut kicked at the fetal doppler.  Camille heard baby brother's heart beat and kissed my tummy.  I love my kids!
  • I've been having a cold this week.  At least that's what I think it is.  Could be allergies.  Lots of sneezing, sniffles, stuffy nose.  Not fun.
  • My nose has been bleeding more frequently these days.  Nasal mucosa more friable in this dry weather + hyperemia in nasal/sinus cavities.  Not a big deal, though.
  • As I had mentioned before, my pelvis has been really wobbly due to the super-duper early release of relaxin (the hormone is typically released a few weeks prior to childbirth to help stretch ligaments for easier passage of baby).  I've been going to a PT for this problem and I feel like it has helped...a little.  My PT recommended a hip belt that I feel like has helped a lot.  It's called the Serola Sacro-iliac belt.  I would recommend it to anyone who needs good hip support!
  • I was looking for stretch marks today (because my tummy has started to itch - a normal finding in this stage of pregnancy) and haven't found any new ones from my pregnancy with Camille.  So, that's a good thing. :)
This says everything that I'm *not* feeling.  Thanks anyway. (This is not a picture of me.)

Spiritual & emotional:
  • The topic of childcare has been on our mind a lot this week.  We've been thinking and talking about it frequently.  A little frustrating that there is currently no concrete plan for childcare once Chestnut arrives.
  • Chestnut is getting more and more active.  I'm really loving the wiggliness.  I feel that compared to my pregnancy with Camille, I am feeling more bonded with Chestnut.  Maybe because this time around in pregnancy, I already know what it is like to embrace a child of my own.  I've been talking to Chestnut more.  I am loving this little boy.
Click here to see the comparison to my pregnancy with Camille (MacNut) at the same gestational age.

No comments: