Technically, this is what's going on this week:
- Chestnut is the length of an ear of corn (*om nom nom nom*) - ~ 11.81 inches and 1.32 pounds.
- He is now gaining around 3 ounces (90 grams) a week.
- Taste buds begin to form. If mom drinks something strange or bitter, baby may be observed showing his distaste.
- The eyelids can be seen very clearly.
- Age of viability has been reached! If born at this stage, he has up to 85% chance of survival.
- Weight: 132 lb (+19)
- Belly circumference: 37.75 in (+9.25)
- I normally have a hard time assessing fundal heights with my pregnancies, but this week I had a strong contraction and found that the fundus (top of uterus) is about 1 finger breadth above the umbilicus. Does that make sense? Well, I was laying flat on my back so maybe that makes a difference. Anyway, I would hate to think that I am gaining lots of weight while my uterus is not growing as fast. Speaking of which...
- With my [pre-pregnancy] BMI being roughly 20, I should technically be gaining between 25-35 lbs during pregnancy. Check out this graph I got from BabyCenter (which, by the way, I consider as barfalicious as What to Expect When You're Expecting, Babies-R-Us, Carter's brand, and the like)

So, do you see that green dot? That's where my weight is during week 24. The green dot is supposed to be between the two lines - the minimum and maximum recommended weight gain. I'm only off by 1 pound. I'm not too worried about it. Furthermore, I don't think this is a very good graph in that pregnancy weight gain is anything but linear! For instance, toward the end of pregnancy, often in weeks 38-40, women report a tendency not to gain any weight. - Chestnut is not as active as Camille was when she was in-utero in that he isn't constantly on the move. But I feel that his kicks are stronger. Especially when he kicks my bladder!
- There were a couple of nights that I had a very hard time sleeping through the hip pain. Wednesday night was one of those nights. I was almost in tears every time I had to turn from side to side.
- More people are open to asking, "So when are you due?" this week. I guess I'm very, very obviously pregnant.
- If you are a woman or a male child under the age of 10, you can feel free to come up to me and rub my belly without asking. I fully give you permission to do that. Don't expect this of all pregnant women, I'm just saying it's okay for me. If you are not a woman or a little boy, please ask me first. :)
- My Spring Break has been blissful! I scheduled one play date after another. Camille had a great time hanging out with friends and cousins. I went out to lunch with people and had friends over for dinner. I got to finish a craft project. I even got in a couple of naps. *aaaaah* :)
- There was one day that Camille missed her nap entirely (Tuesday) and even managed to climb out of her crib. I was so frustrated that I wanted to stab my eye with a fork. But it ended up being fine. Have I mentioned that I love Camille a lot. I love her a lot!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment