Technically, this is what's going on this week:
- Chestnut is the size of a spaghetti squash - ~ 10.91 inches and 15.17 ounces.
- The fetus reacts to loud sounds.
- Baby starts having a regular sleeping and waking rhythm.
- The mother's movements can wake her baby.
- Taste buds are forming on your baby's tongue.
- The weekly weight gain has increased to around 70 grams.
- Weight: 131 lb (+18) - Whoa, Nelly! I am pretty sure that's incorrect!
- Belly circumference: 36.5 in (+8.00)
- Similar to my pregnancy with Camille, I have recently noticed that my voice sounds more high-pitched and whistly. Must be something to do with my diaphragm being impinged on by a growing fetus!
- On Tuesday while I was at school, I went to "drop off the kids at the pool" and I vagaled. I had enough sense to use my last bits of energy to finish off my business quickly and leave the bathroom so that I didn't have to faint there. I made it out into the hall and dropped. Softly, not a hard fall. I didn't lose consciousness but I was very tired. I texted my classmate Wenjia but didn't get a response. Turns out she was on her way out to the bathroom to look for me. So sweet! Anyhow, a couple of classmates subsequently showed up...one of whom was a seasoned labor & delivery nurse. She basically made me to go L&D triage at the hospital, which was in the same building as my class. I really, really didn't want to go. I wanted to go to my next lecture, which was on pediatric anemia. I ended up going to triage and wasted about 3 hours of my life there while they poked and prodded me. Anyway, I'm fine. I just need to eat more fiber so I don't risk vagaling next time! :)
- On Wednesday, I was holding Camille while sitting down (reading a book). I stood up while holding her and I had a Charley horse that hyper plantarflexed my left foot. I lost my balance and fell on my butt. Neither of us were hurt. I ended up having a [non-painful] contraction for the next 5 minutes straight. That was not cool. I guess in addition to fiber, I should drink a lot more water, too.
- Last week of Winter quarter! I have been so grateful for my courses and clinical rotation. I'm a little sad for this quarter to end, to be honest. But it needed to end. It was killing me.
- I've just been really enjoying Camille. Watching her grow (not really physically...but emotionally and intellectually) and seeing how affectionate she can be.
- Have you ever heard anyone say, "You know, it really gets so much better when you have two kids"? Yeah, I haven't either. That's scary.

No comments:
Post a Comment