Friday, May 21, 2010

MacNut Week 24


This week is brought to you by the letter C.  C is for cankles.  Saturday was a hot day...and that was when I first discovered that my ankles had swollen up to blend seamlessly into my calves.  The saddest thing about this situation is that my feet are really small.  I looked really funny.  I wish I'd taken a picture. :)

Technically, this is what's going on this week:
  • MacNut is the length of an ear of corn!! - ~ 11.81 inches and 1.32 pounds.
  • The child is now gaining around 3 ounces (90 grams) a week.
  • Taste buds begin to form. If mom drinks something strange or bitter, baby may be observed showing her distaste.
  • The eyelids can be seen very clearly.
  • Age of viability has been reached! If born at this stage, she has up to 85% chance of survival.
Physical:
  • Weight: 142 lb (+16)
  • Belly circumference: 36.75 in (+6.25)
  • Fundal height: 23 in 
  • As I mentioned above, I was getting cankles on a couple of those "hot" days this week.  I also discovered one day that my left ring finger was turning purplish!  I had to take off my wedding band before it becomes impossible to remove :(
  • This week has been extremely bad for sleeping.  I slept through the night all of one night and regularly get up at 4 or 5 every morning, unable to fall back asleep.  This is due to a variety of causes including charlie horses, hip soreness, pelvic pain, hunger, thirst, needing to go to the bathroom, or just waking up for no particular reason!
  • I'm tired a lot this week because of this weird sleep pattern.  I guess God's just preparing me super early for what motherhood will feel like :)
Spiritual & emotional:
  • My emotions have been kind of all over this place this week.  Saturday was great.  Sunday was fantastic.  Monday was horrible.  Tuesday started feeling better.  Wednesday was depressing.   Etc.  Just the littlest things would set me off to a foul mood.  It's like I'm cognizant of this emotional imbalance, but I have so little control over it.
  • We've been having a very good time fellowshipping with the people at church.

No comments: