Friday, May 07, 2010

MacNut Week 22


Technically, this is what's going on this week:
  • MacNut is the size of a spaghetti squash - ~ 10.91 inches and 15.17 ounces.
  • The fetus reacts to loud sounds.
  • Baby starts having a regular sleeping and waking rhythm.
  • The mother's movements can wake her baby (yep!).
  • Taste buds are forming on your baby's tongue.
  • The weekly weight gain has increased to around 70 grams.
Physical:
  • Weight: 139 lb (+13)
  • Belly circumference: 35.75 in (+5.25)
  • Hungry all the time.  I am always looking for food on an hourly basis.  I should increase our grocery shopping trips!
  • My belly button is just about completely flushed with the belly.
  • I've been having some pelvic discomfort for the past few weeks.  Mostly in the morning when I get out of bed.  I've been told that it's just my uterus getting friggin' huge and my pelvis adjusting to the weight.
Spiritual & emotional:
  • This week has been pretty peaceful.  School has been busy but manageable.  Work has been fine.  I have been able to find time to be calm and quiet in the morning (not in front of a computer screen...which takes a lot of discipline for me!).
  • The week didn't start out well, though.  I had a bit of a hormone-induced breakdown on Monday.  I felt like the world was kind of caving and I didn't know what to do.  I felt like Chin was drawing away from me because I was so needy.  I felt like my sisters weren't being very supportive of my exploration of the cloth-diapering route.  I felt like my friends were being overly critical of attachment parenting because I'm not quite embracing the whole "let 'em know who's boss" method.  (For the record, I think God is the boss.  Got it?!)  I've since come to my senses and realize that (1) not all those things are true, and (2) even if they were, who cares!!  I just can't take on the world.  I just need to rest in the shadow of the Almighty...where I am most safe.
  • We still haven't decided on a name.  But I am okay with that.  Chin actually prefers to call her "MacNut" :)  This week, I discovered that a number of people have been calling her "McNut."  Haha!  It's a'ight.  But she won't respond to you if you call her that.  It's "MacNut" like "Macadamia Nut"...because of our trip to Hawai'i in November.  Which is not where she was conceived, by the way.  Common misconception, friends.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

it's pretty funny that you started blogging your pregnancy BEFORE you were actually pregnant! :) Yay to healthy baby & mom... & family!!!