Promptly after taking this picture, I received a distressed phone call from The Early 90's. Apparently they wanted their jeans back.
Technically, this is what's going on this week:
- MacNut is the weight of a large mango - ~ 11.38 inches and 1.10 pounds.
- The eyebrows are visible.
- The child can successfully suck.
- Bones located in the middle ear harden. Your baby does a regular 'workout' inside your womb. She turns from side to side and head over heels. Thanks to a fully developed inner ear, which controls balance, your baby may have a sense of whether she is upside-down or right side up in the womb.
- Skin pigment is now forming. The fetus is now proportioned like a newborn except it is a thinner version of a newborn baby since its baby fat has not developed much yet.
- The pancreas, essential in the production of hormones, is developing steadily. Baby has begun producing insulin, important for the breakdown of sugars.
- If born now, your baby would have a 20% chance of survival, the odds going up with each passing day.
- Weight: 141 lb (+15)
- Belly circumference: 36.25 in (+5.75)
- Fundal height: 22 in
- I've been really bad this week about eating when I need to. As in, when I am too busy, I would often delay eating for too long. Sorry, kid.
- I checked in with my midwife about the pelvic pain and she gave me some very good, tangible advice (how to get out of a car, log-rolling in bed, which yoga moves are okay and which are not, etc.) in addition to ordering me a maternity support belt! I love my midwives!
- I did not take a single nap this week! Level of energy has been really decent. (Not to say that this is appropriately correlated with how productive I have been!)
- I feel a bit more emotionally stable this week.
- Sunday was my second Mother's Day with a kiddo in-utero. We went to my brothers' church in Portland and Chin came up to give me a flower during the time of recognition for mothers saying, "This is from Penelope, MacNut, and me." I couldn't help but tear up. God has given me so many significant people in my life. I love them all.
- My cloth diapering obsession continues to be feverish and I have actually invested in a decent size stash! I found a dozen brand new bumGenius 3.0 one-size pocket diapers for $13 a piece (courtesy of Craigslist). Which is pretty nice since they generally cost ~$17 a piece before tax & shipping! I also invested in five Smartipants one-size pocket diapers for $11 a piece from Kelly's Closet (they usually cost $15 a piece). I found a promo code for a free surprise, mystery one-size diaper. Can't wait for these to arrive!!
- I asked Tara, a friend of mine from nursing school, to be our birth doula last week. She initially had plans to be studying on The Farm around the time that MacNut is due. But that plan fell through...which is kind of a bummer for her but I am SO happy that she is able to be there for MacNut's birth! As an added bonus, Tara is taking a pre-/perinatal massage course at Bastyr...and she'll get to practice on me come September. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment