Friday, January 20, 2012

Chestnut Week 15


SNOW!!  We were somewhat snow-bound this week and it was a wonderful time of being together as a family.  Chin's sister, May, was also with us and she was a great help with Camille.  Without her, Camille would have gone insane after being trapped in the house with just us. :)  Thank you, Gu Je!

Technically, this is what's going on this week:
  • Chestnut is the size of an apple - ~3.98 inches and 2.47 ounces. 
  • He or she can move its arms and make a fist.
  • Fingernails and toenails are present.
  • Baby's skin is still very thin.
Physical:
  • Weight: 119 lb (+5)
  • Belly circumference: 33.25 in (+4.75)
  • No vomiting this week and no gagging!
  • Foods that suck: grilled meat still smells offensive, sadly.
  • Foods that are awesome: more and more foods are becoming appetizing.  YAY!  I've been craving fish.
  • I'm getting less nauseous.
  • One morning, I woke up with some pelvic pain.  Seriously?!  I had pelvic pain starting at week 20/21 until the end of my pregnancy with Camille (with Penelope, I also had this pain at week 20 but it stopped soon after delivery at 22 weeks).  I didn't think things were going to start getting bad so soon :(  I made an appointment with a PT who specializes in pelvic pain and pregnancy...and she happens to be less than 1.5 miles from our place.  Hopefully this will help.
Spiritual & emotional:
  • I am feeling good that I am not feeling as nauseous.
  • Not as productive as I usually am this week since I didn't go to classes or clinical all week due to Snowmageddon 2012.  Which, to a normal person, means catch up time.  For me, it was time to veg and watch a whole ton of Downton Abbey.  I felt a little guilty, but not enough to change anything.
  • The "surprise" getaway that Chin has planned for us is going to start tonight!  He has arranged for our pastor's family to take care of Camille overnight tonight and we won't be picking her up until tomorrow at dinner time.  Really looking forward to this time of unwinding together. :)
Click here to see the comparison to my pregnancy with Camille (MacNut) at the same gestational age.

No comments: