Friday, January 13, 2012

Chestnut Week 14


Oh blissful second trimester, it is here!  I'm still waiting for the "blissful" part, though.  Waiting...waiting...(you can see that my impatience is truly reflected in the photo above.)

Technically, this is what's going on this week:
  • Chestnut is the size of a lemon - ~3.42 inches and 1.52 ounces
  • Bone is beginning to replace cartilage and the ribs are appearing.
  • The eyes are slowly moving towards the center of the face.
  • The cheekbones are visible. The first hair is appearing.
  • The kidneys are producing urine.
  • In girls, the ovaries are moving down towards the pelvis.
  • In boys, the prostate gland is developing.
Physical:
  • Weight: 118 lb (+4)
  • Belly circumference: 32.75 in (+4.25)
  • No vomiting this week!  But did gag a couple of times.
  • Foods that suck: garlic, and...most foods.  Chin fried up a steak this week and the whole house smelled so gross!  It probably tasted really good, but I was so appalled by the smell.
  • Foods that are awesome: ranch dressing still tastes really good, especially in a salad
  • I think maybe I'm feeling less nauseous...but I don't want to jinx anything.
  • I'm just as tired as any average pregnant woman who's caring for a toddler.  I can't complain.
Spiritual & emotional:
  • Second week of school!  Tiring and stressful; but very rewarding so far.
  • I'm not sure what is with pregnancy hormones, but I have been loving my time with Camille.  I feel like we really reconnected during my time off (winter break from school) and we've been enjoying our time together. :)
  • Chin revealed that for the past few months, he has been planning this secret getaway for the two of us!  (He had to tell me a couple of weeks in advance so I wouldn't plan anything that weekend.)  I'm really excited!
Click here to see the comparison to my pregnancy with Camille (MacNut) at the same gestational age.

No comments: