Friday, May 11, 2012

Chestnut Week 31


Bonus belly picture
Hard to believe that Marcus could be here in under a month and a half.  I feel progressively heavier.  The belly just shoots right out (as opposed to the generalized fatness that I had during my pregnancy with Penelope and Camille).

This week, several people said, "Wow, you look like you're about to pop!" Which makes me sad that American schools are teaching that babies come from spontaneous abdominal explosions. What? They don't teach that? You mean those people were just insensitive idiots?!

Technically, this is what's going on this week:
  • Chestnut is the weight of a butternut squash - ~ 16.18 inches and 3.31 pounds.
  • He should more than double his weight again between now and birth.
  • The eyes have now completely opened and are responding to light and darkness.
  • A loud noise near you may cause him to jump.
  • His lungs and digestive tract are very near to being mature.
Physical:
  • Weight: 144 lb (+31)
  • Belly circumference: 40 in (+11.5)
  • Fundal height: 33 cm
  • Great news this week, you guys: I don't have gestational diabetes!  I had an appointment with my midwife on Wednesday and she delivered the news that the glucose tolerance test results looked good.  Yippee!
  • More charlie horses this week.
Spiritual & emotional:
  • I'm really thankful that my sister GT has been here over the weekend and early in the week to help take care of Camille.  Camille loves hanging out with Di Be and I love watching them have fun together!
  • Oy, I am so emotional this week.  Just the littlest things will push me over the edge.  I'm completely stressed out a lot of the time because of all the school/house work that has still been piling up since the long week that Chin & Camille were sick (I know, that was a long time ago). This week in particular, I got to talk to my academic adviser a bit more about my timeline toward graduation. As mentioned before, she recently discovered that the curriculum that was drawn up for me for the past two years is a little faulty and that my graduation date might get pushed back 1-2 quarters.  She doesn't seem to think that there is any flexibility. *sigh* I spent some time crying and it really didn't help.  I am just pissed.
  • I find that when I'm already stressed out, I am just not very keen at taking criticisms. I just have a lower threshold for them. That's normal, right?
  • In other news, one of my BFFs moved away to Oregon.  That is so not cool.
Doing tai chi at the park
More tai chi
(ok, so it wasn't tai chi...
but it sure does look like
it, huh?!)
After this picture was taken,
she *jumped* down the slide...

Hahaha!
(She was okay. We laughed.)

Watching ducks from the lifeguard chair
Starbucks Frappuccino Happy Hour
with Mommy

Just chillin' here
Click here to see the comparison to my pregnancy with Camille (MacNut) at the same gestational age.

No comments: