Friday, May 04, 2012

Chestnut Week 30



Technically, this is what's going on this week:
  • Chestnut is the weight of a large cabbage (not a small one, mind you) - ~ 15.71 inches and 2.91 pounds.
  • He will gain about half a pound a week until week 38.
  • The head is almost 3.5 inches (8cm) in diameter.
  • The feet are nearly 2.5 inches (6cm) long.
  • Eyebrows and eyelashes are fully developed, and hair on the head is getting thicker. 
  • Head and body are now proportioned like a newborn. 
  • Hands are now fully formed and fingernails are growing, eyelids are opening and closing. 
  • The wrinkled skin is becoming smoother now.
  • He can regulate his own body temperature.
Physical:
  • Weight: 143 lb (+30)
  • Belly circumference: 39.50 in (+11)
  • The coughing this week was a drag.  Thankfully that pretty much all cleared up by Monday night.  I was running out of pads!
  • I had my 3-hour glucose tolerance test this past Tuesday.  I had planned to go there at 7:30 to get my fasting blood draw, drink the disgusting sugary syrup, and then go home to sleep a little bit (I live less than 2 miles from the lab).  And then I was planning on going in for the second draw at 8:30 while Chin is still at home.  Then the last 2 draws, I would have Camille with me and we could go to the mall during that hour in between.  Perfect plan, right?  Well, after my blood draw and after I drank the nasty orange-flavored syrup, I was told I could not leave the lab's waiting room. WHUCK?!?! Totally did not plan to stay there for 3 consecutive hours.  When I finally got a hold of Chin (who was snoozin' away initially, with his ringer turned off), we were able to arrange for Camille to go to Yabi's house.  (Thank you so much, Amy!!) 
  • By the way, if you are currently pregnant or have ever been pregnant and you feel not-so-great about your body, please go see this website: The Shape of a Mother.  This is what mothers look like.  This is what real women look like.  Embrace that temple.
Spiritual & emotional:
  • I am really overwhelmed with life right now.  There's so much school work that I'm still catching up on after Chin & Camille's sick week, we still have no childcare for Camille, I'm having more hip pain, I'm getting more frequent contractions, and the house is a complete mess (doesn't help that I can't bend down very well).  So I think it's reasonable that it irks me to hear people who bitch and complain about problems of minute proportions.  Or perhaps that's me! ;)
Click here to see the comparison to my pregnancy with Camille (MacNut) at the same gestational age.

No comments: