Another eventful week:
- New car! We bought a new Prius and we are loving it. It is blue.
- I was carrying Chin's wallet one day (because he had cash) at a supermarket in Seattle and it was picked out of my pocket. That is the short story.
- We went up to Snoqualmie Lodge for the Boeing Employees Ski Night on Monday for the 2nd year in a row with Camille. Camille loves the snow. Maybe she can start skiing with BaBa next year!

Camille @ Snoqualmie Ski Lodge
- Camille's 1/2 birthday fell on Valentine's Day (in fact, it is always on Valentine's Day). Chestnut is also 1/2 way done "baking" this week. :)
- We spent Valentine's Day dinner with our fantastic friends Marcia & Ryan. We had a lovely cheese fondue and Mexican dinner. On Thursday, Chin & I conned some people into watching Camille (thank you so much, Brasteds!) while we went out to try Facing East for the first time. It was a restaurant we'd always wanted to try...without kid in tow. We had a very pleasant time.
- Chestnut is the size of an heirloom tomato - ~6.5 inches and 9 ounces.
- Placenta continues to grow and nourish the baby.
- Features of baby's heart should be visible during an ultrasound.
- Baby's genitals are distinct and recognizable. (Penis.)
- Scalp hair has sprouted and continues to grow.
- Baby's legs are reaching their relative size and with the increase muscle development occurring as well.
- Baby will increase his weight by more than 15 times between now and delivery!
- Weight: 125 lb (+11)
- Belly circumference: 35.75 in (+7.25)
- My. Boobs. Are. Sore!
- My taste buds have changed a bit. Not just things tasting weird, but I think I have developed a heightened sensitivity to salty foods. The other week, my father-in-law made hot & sour soup for us and I could barely eat it because it tasted so salty. Others thought it was a little saltier than usual but not too bad. And for our belated Valentine's Day dinner, I also thought the food was very salty while Chin felt it was perfect. I guess it's not a bad thing to cut down on the sodium, eh?!
- Urinary incontinence is not my friend. It is my enemy. I have peed my pants several times this week (yes, not just the underwear...the pants!) despite painstaking efforts to do kegels, working with PT on various exercises to strengthen my hips and pelvic floor muscles, and doing biofeedback. I hate you, urinary incontinence! *shakes fist*
- Some people have asked at some point during this pregnancy, "Does it feel any different than when you were pregnant with Camille?" The answer is (and, urgh, I hate this type of answer): "Yes and no." With Penelope, I had a lot of nausea with no vomiting, and the icky feeling of slowed gut motility stopped around 10 or 11 weeks. With Camille, the awful pregnancy symptoms of nausea and vomiting were fast and furious - I was really sick with a lot of vomiting, but it all ended around week 11. With Chestnut, I vomited less...but I experienced this dull, insidious range of sickness that lasted for nearly 18 weeks. So, the symptoms (the slowed gut motility, the gross feeling of nausea and the vomiting that sometimes followed) were the same, but the intensity and duration were very different.
- I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed this week. Lots happening. As evidenced by this late blog post, I am behind on a lot of things. Laundry, school work, cleaning up around the house. I know people will say, "Cut yourself some slack, girl! You're pregnant and taking care of a kid..." Blah blah blah. But, seriously, I have it easy. I have one kid and am pregnant with a healthy singleton. And I have a very supportive, loving husband who picks up my slack. I am very thankful.
- (Gosh, I'm finding that in the process of blogging about pregnancy, the "spiritual & emotional" section is the most difficult for me to write. It's hard for me to slow down and self reflect, I guess.)

No comments:
Post a Comment