Friday, February 03, 2012

Chestnut Week 17


Chin felt Chestnut kick this week!  This is another very kicky kid.  Ruh roh...

Technically, this is what's going on this week:
  • Chestnut the size of a turnip - ~5.12 inches and 4.94 ounces
  • The umbilical cord is growing thicker and stronger.
  • Baby is about 5 inches (14cm) long crown to rump and would be about 9 inches (23cm) head to toe, if it could stretch out.
  • The retina has become sensitive to light.
  • The first stools (meconium) are now beginning to accumulate.
Physical:
  • Weight: 122 lb (+8)
  • Belly circumference: 34.75 in (+6.25)
  • Boarded the vomit comet once (v9).  WHAT?  I thought I was done with this emesis business!  Guess baby is just trying to remind me to stay humble.  I am SO freakin' humble right now.
  • Foods that suck: not many, really. :)
  • Foods that are awesome: pomelo!  We got some pomelo from Uwajimaya the other day and I couldn't eat enough of it!  I know, Chin bought me produce from get-a-second-mortgage-to-shop-here Uwajimaya.  He must really love me!  (They were also on sale.)
  • A strange and spectacular phenomenon this week: I have a large quantity of food in front of me...minutes later, it disappears.  I don't know what kind of wacky time lapse occurs, but I have been putting down food like I couldn't believe!  It's really fantastic.  And I feel great!
  • I have had 2 visits with PT and I have really appreciated the work that they do.  The exercises will hopefully help me with pelvic pain during pregnancy and improve strength for labor.
Spiritual & emotional:
  • I'm so relieved that I am finally feeling better!  Not much more to say, really.  I'm just very happy!
  • We've scheduled a date for the mid-pregnancy ultrasound: next Friday, 2/10, at 3pm.  Waaay excited! :)
Click here to see the comparison to my pregnancy with Camille (MacNut) at the same gestational age.

No comments: