Friday, December 02, 2011

Chestnut Week 8*

We've told everyone in our immediate families this week.  Surprisingly, Chin's mom was the most excited about Chestnut...while other grandparents show no reaction.  Aunts and uncles all excited (if not a bit concerned that we don't know how to use contraception).


Technically, this is what's going on this week:
  • Chestnut is the size of a kidney bean - ~0.63 inches and 0.04 ounces.
  • Arms and legs are growing and location of the elbows and toes are visible.
  • The feet and hand buds have appeared.
  • Starts to practice moving.
  • The stomach is being made from part of the gut (waddup?!).
  • The face is beginning to take shape.
  • Your baby's mouth and nostrils are starting to develop.
  • Teeth begin to develop under the gums.
  • The eyes can now be seen as small hollows on each side of the head.
Physical:
  • Weight: 114 lb (+1)
  • Belly circumference: 30.0 in (+1.5)
  • Really nauseous this week but managed to keep food down!  Nothing sounds good, though.
  • I discovered that I would crave for french fries a lot; but once I start eating one, I realize what a bad, bad idea fries are.  (This pretty much goes for all fried foods.)
  • I am only craving bad foods.  Nothing that's actually healthy!
  • Foods that I can't stand: garlic, onion, tomato sauce, pork.  Pretty consistent with my two previous pregnancies.  (Since I'm having very similar pregnancy symptoms to my previous pregnancies, I tend to think that I'm carrying a girl.  But my mom had the exact same symptoms for all 7 of us kids - 3 girls and 4 boys.  So, who knows!)
  • I did have a distinct craving for a strawberry milkshake at 1:30 in the morning and Chin had to go get ice cream to make it for me.  This is seriously like it's out of a movie!
  • I'm not sure if I have communicated this clearly enough through my pregnancy with Camille, but the first trimester is the absolute worst!!!  I hate it so much.  
    • I'm tired.  SO tired.
    • A little moody (although I would never admit to it...so don't ask if I'm "hormonal" because I will straight up rip you a new one)
    • I don't feel like eating anything.  Nothing sounds especially appetizing.  And if something sounds good, when I smell it, it's immediately gag-inducing.
    • I'm constantly nauseous.  No joke.  Always.
    • Something that's different in this pregnancy is that I'm peeing all the time.  Maybe baby is really low.  I don't know.  But I'm getting up to go to the bathroom ~3x a night (vs. 0x a night while pregnant with Penelope and Camille).
    • Did I mention that I'm always tired?
Chin captured a picture of me puking.
Awesome.
    Spiritual & emotional:
    • We are telling a few more close friends.  It's starting to feel more real.
    • Chin & I want 3 kids.  I'm seriously considering adoption for the 3rd kid because, seriously?!  I cannot in my sane mind think about going through the first trimester ever again.  It is the worst!
    • School is also kind of driving me a little nuts.  I never like to put academia first in my life, but honestly, if I don't study people die.  This thought scares me. 
    Click here to see the comparison to my pregnancy with Camille (MacNut) at the same gestational age.

    *This blog entry was written in stealth mode...before the news went public.

    No comments: