Friday, November 25, 2011

Chestnut Week 7*

Technically, this is what's going on this week:

  • Chestnut is the size of a blueberry - 0.5 inches in length.
  • The lower jaw and the vocal cords are beginning to form.
  • The mouth opening is formed.
  • The inner ear is being created.
  • The digestive tract is developing.
  • Elbows, toes, and fingers become more defined.
Physical:
  • Weight: 112 lb (-1)
  • Belly circumference: 29.5 in (+1.0)
  • Definitely feeling the nausea this week...and vomited twice (v1 & v2).  
  • Breasts are tender.  Completely "weaned" Camille this week.  I cut her off!  She took it pretty well, actually.  I was only nursing her for 3 minutes just before she goes to bed every night.  My supply has already tapered so there was no engorgement at all.  She pointed at me saying bĂș (breastfeed) a couple of times but that was it.
  • My sense of smell is definitely altered.  I can smell everything.  I'm like Wolverine. 
  • Also, my sense of hearing is heightened, too!  I have not found much in the literature about this being very common in pregnancy.  But I am special.  This happened when I was pregnant with Camille, too.  I remembered that the volume on the TV had to be under 29 to be bearable. 
  • SO tired this week.  Wednesday was the worst.  Camille wasn't sleeping (actually climbed out of her crib!), I was hunched over the toilet most of the day, and there was so much school work to get done so that I didn't have to worry about academia over the Thanksgiving weekend.  So, so tired. 
Spiritual & emotional:
  • I was really hoping that this pregnancy would be different from the last.  I really didn't want to ride the vomit comet again.  But here I am.  Not cool.
  • We told Chin's immediate family on Wednesday night when we were home for Thanksgiving.  Chin made the announcement by saying, "We have a Crouching Tiger here (Camille)...and soon we will reveal a Hidden Dragon!"  Chestnut will be born in the year of the dragon according to Chinese zodiac.  I'm not sure how I feel about that...
  • In this week of thankfulness, I am thankful for Chestnut.
Click here to see the comparison to my pregnancy with Camille (MacNut) at the same gestational age.

*This blog entry was written in stealth mode...before the news went public.

No comments: