Friday, November 18, 2011

Chestnut Week 6*

Technically, this is what's going on this week:
  • Chestnut is the size of a lentil - ~0.08 to 0.2 inches.
  • The spinal cord, which until now has been open, is beginning to close.
  • The first blood cells and blood vessels are developing.
  • Blood moves through these primitive vessels connected to the yolk sac.
  • A pipe-shaped heart is formed and begins to beat.
  • The brain begins to divide into 5 parts.
  • Optic pits form the start of the developing eye.
  • The cells destined to be the arms and legs are in place.
Physical:
  • Weight: 113 lb (+0)
  • Belly circumference: 28.5 in (+0)
  • Marked decrease in gut motility.  Appetite is definitely changed but not completely gone yet.  Trying to eat as much as possible but it isn't easy.  
  • Some nausea has started but no vomiting yet.
  • My taste buds have changed :(  The other night, we had 陳皮牛肉 (crispy beef) and it tasted really weird.  Except it wasn't weird to anyone else other than me.  Okay, maybe this doesn't seem very painful to you, but 陳皮牛肉 is one of my favorite dishes in the world!
Spiritual & emotional:
  • I'm still feeling pretty decent this week but I know it's going to turn soon.  Trying to get as much done as I can before things go South.
  • I told a friend this week and she said, "Well, Bao, I think you should keep the baby."  It made me laugh.
  • Chin has been trying to reassure me more that this baby was perfectly designed.  He's right.  I should really change my attitude about this not-well-planned pregnancy.  My timing can't beat God's!
Click here to see the comparison to my pregnancy with Camille (MacNut) at the same gestational age.

*This blog entry was written in stealth mode...before the news went public.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love how you say your timing can't beat God's. That is such an awesome statement!