Friday, March 05, 2010

MacNut Week 13

First week of 2nd Trimester!  And quickening (maternal perception of fetal movements) has occurred!  I thought I felt some bubbly movements in the belly last week but completely brushed off that notion because it was way too early.  Welp, I'm pretty sure I am feeling the baby.  I know gas...and this ain't gas, m'friends.

Technically, this is what's going on this week:
  • MacNut is the size of a medium shrimp - ~2.91 inches and 0.81 ounces.
  • Bone is beginning to replace cartilage and the ribs are appearing.
  • The nose and chin are well defined.
  • Movements can be measured.
  • The child will begin to learn to suck its thumb.
  • The child can open and close its mouth.
  • The external genitalia are well defined making it is possible to determine the baby's gender.
Physical:
  • Weight: 122 lb (-4)
  • Belly circumference: 31.50 in (+1.00)
  • It's confirmed: gagging & vomiting are gone!  Nausea has also ceased for the most part and I'm starting to get a little bit of an appetite back.
  • I'm just generally more hungry! :)
  • Quickening has occurred!  It's confirmed this week that I felt MacNut move!  Like my sister said, "At first, it feels like you're off balance."  I'm feeling the movements and I thought that they were gas at first (because it's SO early in the pregnancy), but I am now convinced that it's our baby.
Spiritual & emotional:
  • We're moving!  We found a place to rent and we're just coming to grips with moving back to the Eastside.  It's a mixed bag of emotions.  Eastside living will be more comfortable.  It's also more "comfortable."
  • As I'm getting more poochy, I feel a bit more bonded with the baby.  Especially because I'm feeling movements!

No comments: