Sunday, September 02, 2012

Marcus's second month: A review

Marcus is a very pleasant baby most of the time. He sleeps a lot. :) He likes to held a lot more than Camille did. His temperament is also very different from Camille: he's very hot-tempered! He is normally very calm. But when he is irritated and we are taking a while to respond to his needs (hunger, soiled diaper), he will have this terribly angry cry where his face turns purple!

We are thankful that Marcus sleeps pretty well. There was one night where he slept from 10:30pm until 8am! Of course, that was a fluke - but a very welcomed fluke! He normally sleeps for 4-6 hour stints at night. During the day, his feeding times are about 3-3.5 hours apart. He eats big and his rapid weight gain is quite evident. I think I might be getting De Quervain's...but I'm trying to be more careful.

Anyhow, this month has been better in terms of adjusting to this new person. I return to school in a few weeks. *sigh* We still don't have childcare lined up. But it'll just work out somehow. Right?...

The specs
As of August 8, 2012:
  • Weight: 10 lb 6.5 oz (75th percentile)
  • Height: 22.25 in (50-75th percentile)
  • Head circumference: 15 in (50th percentile)
As of September 1, 2012 (weighing at home, with clothes & diaper on):
  • Weight: 13 lb - yikes!
Milestones & important events
August 4 - Marcus attends his first wedding, Ka Wang & Katherine's!

August 9 - I got a UTI.


August 11 - We had a small 1-month celebration for Marcus with close family on Chin's side. We received a lot of money.

August 14 - Camille turned 2! Whew, can't believe we managed to keep her alive for this long. She had a great birthday with a nice lunch at Red Robin. I also finished my final for the summer course that I was taking. Felt so liberating!



August 15 - I turned 32! It was one of the best birthdays that I could remember. My sister's family came up the night before and stayed with us. The next day, the kids went swimming together and Chin surprised me by taking half a day off so we could all go out to Portage Bay Cafe together for lunch. We even got two Vietnamese meals in during a 24-hour period! And as a personal birthday gift to me, Felix Hernandez pitched a perfect game in Safeco Field.

August 19 - We had a birthday party for Camille who turned 2. The party was also a chance for our friends and family to meet Marcus. We had over 100 people attend this blast of a shindig and it was so much fun.
August 21 - Chin turned 2 years older than me!

August 22 - I got mastitis for the first time ever. It sucked.

Favorite part...
My favorite part of this month are the first two days...when Chin was still on paternity leave. *sigh* I am also enjoying this amazing balmy weather!

Least favorite...
I don't like the sleeplessness. I don't like it at all.

Shout outs
...to the many, many people who cooked meals for us or took us out to eat (and tended to our children so that we could actually eat). We love you. You knew just how to serve us.

Discoveries & reflections
...Chin has gone back to work...which means I'm the sole responsible adult in the house during the day. Normally, life is pretty manageable 95% of the time. It's just that 5% of the time that makes me wish I had an extra set of hands (even if it only means I have more hands to be used in pulling out my hair).

...Marcus has a widow's peak and this makes me go wild because Chin also has a widow's peak.

...Am I just not remembering how many blowouts babies have? Marcus seems to produce a blowout about 10 times a week. That's right, sometimes multiple times a day!

...Marcus's farts are loud and incredibly stinky!

...I feel like I'm constantly clipping the kids' nails. What in the world?! Why do their nails require continuous clippage?!

...There is just something about calling them "our kids" that makes us feel more of a family than ever before.

Partying it up at 2 months old!
Compare to Camille's second month

No comments: