Technically, this is what's going on this week:
- Chestnut is the weight of a butternut squash - 15.2 inches and 2.54 pounds.
- Brain is busy developing billions of neurons. Milestone in baby's brain development: The brain has matured to the point where it can help regulate body temperature!
- Baby's muscles and lungs are continuing to mature.
- Baby can taste and respond to pain.
- Weight: 142 lb (+29)
- Belly circumference: 39.25 in (+10.75)
- I feel like the rapid growth period has slowed down dramatically. I am not constantly famished anymore!
- I caught a cold this week. It started gradually ever since Tuesday and by Wednesday, I have been coughing up a lung. I'd better not have pertussis!
- Also, because of the cough, I've been peeing myself constantly.
- I had to take another glucose tolerance test this week (routine). I was instructed by the lab to drink the solution I was given at home and then come in an hour later to get my blood drawn. I then called again to confirm that I could come in at 5pm (I drank the solution at 4:10pm) and they said I could come in at 4:45pm and they would draw my blood no later than that. Yikes! I went in anyway and they drew my blood pretty close to 5pm, but still at least 10 minutes prematurely. Well, I got a call from the nurse the next day to inform me that my values were slightly elevated. DUH! That means I need to go in for a 3-hour tolerance test that involves 4 blood draws. Awesome.
- I am SO glad that Chin & Camille are feeling better this week. It was hard to see them feel so crummy.
- We are very thankful that Chin's mom was able to take care of Camille (and us) this past week. Still no plan for long term childcare yet...and that is scary and very frustrating.

No comments:
Post a Comment