Saturday, May 14, 2011

Dwight walked faithfully with God

We just found out moments ago that our dear friend Dwight is in a state of no return in terms of brain activity after being in a coma for over a week.  I still don't know how to process this news.

Clam-digging with Dwight

My heart breaks all over again.  Almost the same way that my heart broke for Caleb.  Very similarly, in fact.

Both men lived their lives proclaiming Christ as Savior.  Both loved their families and friends...and were loved by many.

I take solace in the fact that Dwight's last supper was at a buffet
 
In Genesis 5:24, the Bible talked about Enoch walking with God...and then he was just taken away.  From the moment I heard that Dwight had slumped over before the car crash, I heard this passage in my head.  I didn't want to accept it, though.  I wanted to hang on to my dear friend.  But how precious is it to know that Dwight walked faithfully with God...and then he was no more, because God took him.  What a way to go!

Dwight loved fishing!

Speaking of Genesis, Dwight's birthday message to me as I turned 30 was Genesis 12:3 - Be blessed to be a blessing to the nations.

Dwight, you have been a blessing in my life and the lives of many.  You have lived Genesis 12:3 so well.  We love you and we will miss you, Brother.

"I just talked to God and He says He loves you all THIS much!"

(You can sign up to read updates on Dwight here.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, Bao.
We rejoice on his behalf and yet very sad for us. What a legacy he left us in his short time here...
Ja-Hye