I am 3/4 of the way through my pregnancy! In merely 7 weeks, Camille will be full term!
Technically, this is what's going on this week:
- MacNut is the weight of a large cabbage (sheesh, how's that for arbitrary!!) - ~ 15.71 inches and 2.91 pounds.
- She will gain about half a pound a week until week 38 (whoa, Nelly!).
- The head is almost 3.5 inches (8cm) in diameter.
- The feet are nearly 2.5 inches (6cm) long.
- Eyebrows and eyelashes are fully developed, and hair on the head is getting thicker.
- Head and body are now proportioned like a newborn.
- Hands are now fully formed and fingernails are growing, eyelids are opening and closing.
- The wrinkled skin is becoming smoother now.
- The baby controls her own body temperature.
- Weight: 148 lb (+22)
- Belly circumference: 38.75 in (+8.25)
- Fundal height: 29 in
- Hospitalization - *sigh*:
- On Monday night, I went out on a walk with Chin and started having a contraction (moderate, I would say; not strong but definitely not mild). After 20 mins, it was still going continuously! I called the midwife on-call and was told to come in (GH-Capitol Hill).
- On the way to the hospital, the ctxs stopped (so it lasted about 30 mins).
- Got there and got put on the monitor. The midwife who cared for me was Nicola - a MEPN3 student! She was fantastic! Which gives me a lot of hope :)
- After not finding anything too disturbing, they decided to let us go and said, "Wait here, we'll give you your d/c instructions."
- While we were waiting, I started having another ctx. I had Nicola feel my belly and she said, "Let's get a urine culture and do a pelvic exam."
- Pelvic exam indicated I was 1cm dilated, cervix short & soft. The dilation isn't a big deal...but the short & soft cervix worried the midwife a bit as this could be a sign of impending labor :( Doh! We almost got away!
- Admitted to the hospital.
- 1 shot of Betamethasone at 1am 6/29.
- Ultrasound in the morning indicated that my cervix was short...but not waaay short. U/s @ 19 wks showed my cervix being at 3.5cm. U/s this week showed a range between 2.6cm and 3.5cm; where 2.6cm was during a ctx. I was told that they don't start really worrying until I'm shorter than 2.5cm.
- The u/s also showed that Camille is doing very well. She measured at our exact estimated due date and weighed a little over 3 pounds. The u/s tech was a former professor of the trade so I had lots of questions for him. We checked out the AFI (18), reconfirmed that Camille has girl parts (checked!), examined whether the umbilical cord was tangled (it wasn't), and even checked to see if she had a cleft palate or lip (she doesn't!). Hehe...it sounds like paranoia, but we were just curious. Chin was so excited that we got to see her again via u/s. Womb with a view!! :D
- 10pm 6/29: Fetal fibronectin (fFN) test and another pelvic exam. Cervix remains the same as last check.
- 2nd shot of Betamethasone at 1am 6/30.
- fFN returned negative at 1:30am! At which point I asked to be discharged immediately! :) I wanted to get good sleep at home. Also, did I mention that I was on this excruciatingly ridiculous ADA diet?! $*(&#@(^) $*&#*(@!!!
- Before the hospitalization saga, I was doing very well physically. I was getting enough sleep and my hips were even feeling quite good. Being in the hospital for two nights and sleeping on that darn bed threw everything off kilter. *hmmph*
- I think that's also why I actually lost one pound this week. That and the fact that I'm more carb-conscious. Which is probably a good thing.
- Camille's kicks are becoming more and more, well, shocking. Some of her movements are like, "Whoa! Quit digging your bony-whatever into my [insert name of an internal organ]!!"
- My feet are less fluffy this week due to the cooler weather...and being at the flippin' hospital for two days, as you can see here:
- Even when I called the midwife on Monday night, I didn't feel like I should have to be admitted. But, I guess the healthcare team was just trying to be more cautious. I really didn't like to be at the hospital and it really bummed me out. I fell behind in school and I hate that feeling!
- Being in the hospital for a couple of days was annoying. But it also gave Chin & me a chance to be together around the clock (thanks to the generosity of his teammates who allowed him to be with me)...which was very nice.
- We continue to fervently pray for my nephew Caleb. He makes a little bit of progress each day and it seems that his quality of life is quite good. I think he's getting a little more frustrated this week, though, as he is coming to grips with things that his body is not capable of doing. :(
- Chin & I are driving down to Longview and Portland this weekend. My sisters & AnnetteVoLam are throwing me a baby shower on Saturday. We will also get to see Caleb. Mixing such strongly opposing emotions is a little stressful for me...
Camille Ng at 30 weeks and 3 days. Her right fist is on her nose.
No comments:
Post a Comment